We seek to secure the Foundation’s future in two ways:
- Create sustaining financial support through an endowment. Let’s face it, this is what foundations do.
A stable, consistent source of funding will build the Foundation into a trusted source of support for the Flying Queens program.
- Develop a process for building and maintaining stable leadership
The leadership strategy is to grow the membership in the Foundation, encourage HFQF members to engage with the Foundation and the Flying Queens players through volunteer opportunities, and then transition those experiences into service on the Board of Directors.
Here’s How You Can Help
- Foundation Voting Member – Open to all former Flying Queens and Queen Bees, coaches and their spouses, team managers, and trainers and all members of the Claude Hutcherson extended family. These members pay annual dues, vote at the meetings, and are eligible to serve on the Board.
- Recent Graduate Members: Defined as all current players on the Flying Queens, team managers, and trainers. Membership dues are waived for the first five years following graduation from Wayland. Recent Graduate Members shall be granted voting rights at the annual meeting during this five-year period.
- Foundation Associates – Supporters of the Flying Queens. Foundation Associates are full members but are not able to vote or serve on the board, but the Foundation seeks and encourages Foundation Associates’ participation on committees, in fundraisers and at Foundation events.
- Legacy Member – Contributors who have made an estate gift in the amount of $25,000 or more; have made a lifetime donation of $25,000 or more or have donated more than $25,000 to the Foundation through other means. These members have lifetime voting privileges and are eligible to serve on the Board.
- Make an annual donation
- Participate in HFQF fundraisers
- Attend Flying Queens basketball games at home or in your area
- Attend receptions and events recognizing program milestones and/or individual honors and awards
- Volunteer on a HFQF committee
- Up to 16 members
- Officers come from the Board of Directors
- Serve 3-year term and may serve two consecutive terms